Monday 19 October 2009

Question 1b: Dominant, Absent and Alternative Representations

My representations of social groups such as 5-11 year olds main streamers aren't very alternative or absent but more dominant. My media text isn't meant to relate to something else the audience cant relate to and aren't used to its conventions. Absent ideology would steer my target audience away from main streamers and focus more on a niche audience which is not what I wanted as under the influence of the BBC I had to be mainstream to attract a large audience. I used these representations as I thought they were appropriate for the target audience and the genre I'm working in which resulted in the creation of my overall media product being mainstream and achieving what I wanted it to all because of representations and how I controlled the use of them in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment